Udyam Registration is a government registration that provides a recognition certificate and unique number to certify small/medium businesses or enterprises (SMEs). With this initiative, government is to provide maximum benefits to medium small scale businesses and industries in India subsidies, incentives, and other facilities. The official website for Udyam Registration is udyamregistration.gov.in. Note that this is the only government portal for MSME (Udyam) Registration. No other website, portal, or app is official for this purpose.
Udyog Aadhaar is a unique identification number given to small and medium-sized businesses in India. It helped businesses get recognized by the government to avail various benefits and schemes. Business owners needed to apply online by filling out a form on the Udyog Aadhaar website. Later, this was replaced by Udyam Registration, which is the latest.
Udyam Registration Process @ udyamregistration.gov.in
What is Udyam Registration?
Udyam Registration is for businesses, especially Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), to obtain unique identification in India. Once registered, businesses were able to enjoy various benefits, like loans at lower interest rates, eligibility for government schemes for supporting small businesses, concessions in electricity bills, waiver in government fees for filing patents or trademarks, etc.
MSME registration is free and based on self-declaration. Existing enterprises registered under EM–Part-II or UAM must re-register on the Udyam Registration portal. No enterprise should file more than one Udyam Registration. Multiple activities, including manufacturing, service or both, can be specified in one registration.
How to Register?
- Begin by visiting the official Udyam Registration portal.udyamregistration.gov.in. The registration process is entirely online and paperless.
- The process is based on self-declaration. No documents or proofs are required for the registration. Only the Aadhaar number of the business owner is required.
- Enter the Aadhaar number of the business owner or authorized signatory.
- Fill in relevant details such as business name, type, address, and other essential information.
- Provide the PAN (Permanent Account Number) and GSTIN (if available) of the business.
- Declare the total investment and turnover of your enterprise. PAN & GST linked details on investment and turnover will be taken automatically from government databases.
- After filling in all the details, submit the form.
- An OTP will be sent to the mobile number linked with the Aadhaar. Verify using this OTP.
- On successful registration, an enterprise will be assigned a permanent identity number known as the “Udyam Registration Number.”
- After successful verification, an e-certificate, “Udyam Registration Certificate,” with a unique Udyam Registration Number (URN) and a dynamic QR code will be issued. The certificate is digital and can be accessed online anytime.
Documents Required for Udyam Registration
Udyam Registration process is based on self-declaration, and in many cases, no documents or proofs are required to be uploaded. However, it’s always good to have these documents handy for reference. The registration is free of cost, paperless, and based on self-declaration.
- Aadhaar Card: The Aadhaar number of the business owner or authorized signatory.
- PAN Card: PAN (Permanent Account Number) of the business entity.
- Bank Account Details: Details of the bank account associated with the business.
- Business Address Proof: This could be electricity bills, rent agreement, or any other relevant document.
- Business Activity Details: Information about the primary business activity.
- GST Certificate: If the business is registered under GST.
Eligibility Criteria for Udyam Registration @ udyamregistration.gov.in
- Micro Enterprise: Investment in plant and machinery or equipment does not exceed one crore rupees, and turnover does not exceed five crore rupees.
- Small Enterprise: Investment in plant and machinery or equipment does not exceed ten crore rupees, and turnover does not exceed fifty crore rupees.
- Medium Enterprise: Investment in plant and machinery or equipment does not exceed fifty crore rupees, and turnover does not exceed two hundred and fifty crore rupees.
Udyam Registration @ udyamregistration.gov.in
Warning: Intentional misrepresentation or attempts to suppress the self-declared facts during the Udyam Registration or updation process can lead to penalties as specified under section 27 of the Act.
Support: For any grievances or problems, MSMEs can reach out to the CHAMPIONS MSME Samadhaan, MSME Sambandh, MSME Sampark, and the Entrepreneurship Skill Development Programme (ESDP).
Is there a fee for Udyam Registration?
No, the registration process is entirely free.
Do I need to submit any documents for registration?
The process is based on self-declaration. Only the Aadhaar number of the business owner or authorized signatory is required.
I’ve registered under EM–Part-II or UAM. Do I need to re-register?
Yes, existing enterprises under EM–Part-II or UAM should re-register on the Udyam Registration portal.
Can one business have multiple Udyam Registrations?
No, each enterprise should have only one Udyam Registration.
How do I verify my registration?
An OTP will be sent to the mobile linked with the Aadhaar during the process. This OTP is used for verification.
What will I receive after successful registration?
You will get an e-certificate, the “Udyam Registration Certificate,” with a unique Udyam Registration Number (URN) and a dynamic QR code. This certificate is digital and can be accessed online.
Can I update my Udyam Registration details later?
Yes, if there are changes or updates in your business details, you can modify them on the Udyam Registration portal.