Swami Vivekananda Scholarship (SVMCM), also known as the Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship, is launched by the West Bengal government 2023 to support bright students who come from background where financial support is not possible but needed. It is available for students in classes 11 and 12 and in undergraduate and postgraduate courses, including courses Engineering, Medicine, and Nursing. To qualify, students need to provide verification documents, have described percentage of marks in their previous examinations, and ensure their family earning less than 2,50,000 annually.
The scholarship amount changes depending on the level of study different amounts for Higher Secondary, Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and other technical courses. This article will guide you on how to apply, last date to submit the application, eligibility requirements, the official website, and the necessary documents for the scholarship.
SVMCM Scholarship Online Application Dates 2023
The scholarship is named after Swami Vivekananda, a renowned Indian Hindu monk and philosopher, to honour his vision and commitment to education. The West Bengal government, with this scholarship, showing confidence to reduce the dropout rate of students due to financial hardships. The application process for the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship is online for students across West Bengal. The scholarship is disbursed annually, and everyone need to renew their applications each year keeping the eligibility criteria. Students refer to the table below to see the important dates and timeline.
|Application Type||Start Date||Swami vivekananda scholarship last date|
|Fresh Application (only class 11)||July 12, 2023||To be announced|
|SVMCM Renewal Application (only class 12)||July 12, 2023||To be announced|
|Fresh Kanyashree (K3) Application||To be announced||To be announced|
Eligibility Criteria for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2023
Who Can Apply for the Vivekananda Scholarship 2023?
- Course Level: You should be enrolled in regular classes for:
- High School (Class 11 or 12)
- Undergraduate (like Science, Arts, Commerce, Engineering, Medical, or other professional courses)
- Postgraduate (like Science, Arts, Commerce, Tech, or Management)
2. Past Performance:
- If you are in Class 11, 12 or starting undergrad, you need at least 60% in your last exam. If you passed in 2021 or 2020, you need 75%.
- For diploma courses linked to AICTE or the State Medical Faculty, you need 60% to get into 2nd year undergrad courses.
- For postgrad general courses, you need 53% in your undergrad honours subject. For postgrad in Engineering, Tech, or Pharmacy, you need 55% in undergrad.
3. Special Cases:
- If you’re doing M.Phil or Doctorate courses without NET, you can apply.
- Girls doing postgrad after getting at least 45% in undergrad can apply as Kanyashree(K3) candidates.
4. Income Limit: Your family should earn Rs. 2,50,000 or less per year.
If you fit these criteria, you can apply for the scholarship.
Documents Required for SVMCM @ svmcm.wbhed.gov.in
For New & Kanyashree Applicants:
- Madhyamik Exam Mark Sheet: (or equivalent) – You need both front and back.
- Last Exam Mark Sheet: From your school, college, or university. Again, both sides.
- Admission Proof: A receipt or document showing you are admitted to your course.
- Family Income Proof: (Skip this if you are a Kanyashree applicant).
- Proof of Residence: This can be your Aadhaar, Voter ID, Ration card, or a certificate from a relevant official.
- Bank Details: A scanned copy of your bank passbook’s first page, showing your account number and the bank’s IFSC code.
For Those Renewing the Scholarship:
- Last Exam Mark Sheet: For the course you currently in. If you have semester exams, include mark sheets for both semesters. Remember, both sides.
- Proof of Promotion: A receipt or document that shows you moved to the next class or year in your course.
Apply for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2023 @ svmcm.wbhed.gov.in
- Start Online: Visit the official website at svmcm.wbhed.gov.in to begin your application.
- Register: Complete the registration form on the website. Once done, you get an Applicant ID.
- Log In & Fill Out: Using your new Applicant ID, log in and fill out the detailed application form. Don’t forget to upload your photo and signature.
- Upload Documents: After the form, you are directed to a page to upload necessary documents.
- Review & Submit: Double-check all the details and then hit the ‘Submit Application’ button.
Once you submit, you can’t make changes to the form. If you need to correct something, you have to contact the relevant authority like your school or institute head to unlock your form. After making corrections, you can then resubmit.
Who can apply for this scholarship?
Students in Class 11, 12, undergraduate, postgraduate, and diploma courses who meet the academic and income criteria.
How do I apply for the scholarship?
Apply online at the official website: svmcm.wbhed.gov.in. Follow the step-by-step application process provided.
What documents do I need for the application?
Mark sheets, admission receipt, family income proof, residence proof, and bank passbook details. Specifics vary for fresh and renewal applicants.
Is there an income limit to apply?
Yes, your family’s annual income should be Rs. 2,50,000 or less.
Can I edit my application after submitting?
No, but if corrections are needed, contact the relevant authority to unlock and edit your form.
Where can I find the schedule for the application process?
The timeline and important dates are provided in a table and on the official website.
What if I have more questions or need assistance?
It’s best to contact the scholarship’s official helpline or refer website for detailed guidance.